More Door work

Yesterday I cut the holes for the door knobs and finally cut the recesses for the door hinges, had a couple of hang-ups, and the router bit kept moving. My dad helped me and gave me some suggestions and it seemed to work. I was using a 1/4" collet and bit, I changed out to a 1/2" collet and bit and that solved the problem. Today I will be knocking out the recesses for the door latches and doing some paint prep on the doors and painting the corresponding door jams.

In the pictures, you can see the jig for the hinge recess, the failed attempt at the recess, the door holes, the vintage door hole jig, and the successful attempt at the hinge recess.

2 thoughts on “More Door work

Leave a Reply