Guitar Build update

I've done a fair amount of work to my first guitar. I've drilled out everything that needs to be, I've deepened the neck and bridge pocket as well as the switch pocket. Since I botched the necks and a little bit on the body I added epoxy and colored them bright green to highlight my mistakes, I love doing this because it teaches me a lot, and I love doing it. I installed the frets, I leveled them, crowned them and then dressed the ends, as well as polished them. I sanded and shaped the bone nut. Everything is sanded and ready for finish. I'm just using a flat oil based polyurethane. Every coat take 24 hrs to dry before I can sand, and I'm doing 5 coats. After the last coat it needs to sit for about a week to cure for better durability.

Leave a Reply